The Philanthropic Advisor identifies and meets individuals and families in order to understand their goals and offer JCF services to support their philanthropic objectives.
As a trusted advisor, he/she manages a significant portfolio of prospects and develops long term relationships built on a firm understanding of clients’ interests, passions and values. Works collaboratively with colleagues, volunteer leadership and professional advisors (attorneys, wealth advisors, accountants, and life insurance professionals).
The incumbent will lead initiatives identified as priorities in the JCF’s new Strategic Plan and will be groomed for senior opportunities. He/she will play a vital role in the organization’s continued growth at a particularly exciting time for the Foundation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the JCF’s Life & Legacy program; a partnership with the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, which provides training and support to charities to build their planned-giving program.
- Lead the Mécénat Musica program aimed at augmenting in-perpetuity funds for arts and cultural and maximizing matching government programs for endowments.
- Create, integrate and implement intermediate and long-term strategies to cultivate individuals and families.
- Help each donor to maximize the value of their donations via suitable planned giving mechanisms.
- Act as a primary relationship manager for selected individual and private foundation prospects.
- Participate in all aspects of the cultivation of major fundholders with the goal to become a trusted philanthropic advisor.
- Participate in all aspects of the cuMaintain stewardship contact with existing clients and prospective clients.
- Maintain stewardship contact with existing clients and prospective clients.
- Manage relationship process for major prospects with other team members, assisting in developing strategies that may be carried out by other professionals and/or volunteer leaders.
- Cultivate and expand current clients’ investments in collaboration with other relationship managers.
- Assist in developing and implementing the JCF’s strategy, through partnership and relationships with professional advisors – financial advisors, estate attorneys, notaries and accountants – in the province.
- Expand and update the JCF’s base of professional Advisors with additional relationships.
- Be exemplary in the focus on customer service, technical abilities as they relate to tax, investment and estate planning.
- Develop a tracking system for professional advisors with client referrals and outcomes.
- Develop regular and systematic communications with professional advisors.
- Help shape the content of the Centre for Philanthropic Learning (CPL), an initiative aimed at sharing knowledge to promote philanthropy.
- Work with the JCF team to provide content so that they can develop compelling educational and marketing materials to promote the JCF’s services.
- Lead initiatives that help clients identify areas of interest, learn about relevant funding opportunities and connect with like-minded funders.
Qualifications, Education and skills:
- Professional designation sought: Lawyer, Accountant: tax expertise is an asset.
- Excellent verbal English and French language skills; Good written English and French skills.
Personal attributes and experience:
- Be an effective member of the JCF’s team.
- Be goal and result-oriented.
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate strong decision-making and prioritization capabilities – a self-starter.
- Possess an ability to relate, encourage, collaborate and interact with colleagues and the JCF’s clients and external partners.
- Demonstrate an energetic, optimistic and positive approach and outlook.
- Possess the highest ethical standards and be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Have a track record of building client relationships (in an analogous business development/sales record).
- Possess substantial understanding of estate and gift planning tools and tax law.
- Display excellent active listening skills. Advanced communications skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large audiences and articulate the benefits of joining the JCF.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic community in Montreal an asset.
To apply for this position, please contact Lindsay Lubov at [email protected]