THE JCF PROFESSIONALS PARTNERSHIP“No one knows more about smart philanthropy than the Jewish Community Foundation of Montreal. They are our resource for comprehensive and up-to-date information on the ever-expanding and complicated field of tax-wise charitable giving. “
- PHIL NADLER CPA, CA, FRANCINE WISEMAN Co-chairs, Professional Advisory Committee
THE JCF & PROFESSIONAL ALLIANCEWhy professional advisors choose to work with the JCF
Our expertise is available to lawyers, accountants, investment advisors, notaries, life underwriters and trust officers who, in the course of estate planning for their clients, need specialized assistance.
The Jewish Community Foundation is an ally with professional advisors in assisting their clients to make the best philanthropic choices.
JCF experts can assist advisors to increase their understanding of gift-planning vehicles and to become more comfortable and skilled discussing philanthropy with their clients.
JCF is a resource for learning and expert information:
- Publishing the National Gift Planning Handbook.
- Providing family philanthropic structures and questionnaires to pursue philanthropic planning.
- Consulting advisors on how to have fruitful philanthropic conversations with their clients, and providing ideas, calculations, gift plans, and contracts for follow-up action.
- Sharing information with advisors at an annual professional development seminar or by providing expert seminars on request at their firms.
JCF is part of your team, providing expert service for your clients.
- We work with you to develop a philanthropic plan that works with your other priorities for clients.
- We re-engage your client with you – helping to protect and strengthen your client relationships.
- Explore philanthropy personally. Discuss with the JCF your personal philanthropic goals and desires. This experience will help when you are dealing with clients.
Contact us to access materials or to have a discussion with one of our experts.
10 Reasons to have the philanthropic conversation with your clients
- It is good for community, for your clients, for your business, for you.
- You’d be surprised how many of your clients are searching for a way to give back to community, to memorialize a loved one, or simply to do good.
- Discussing philanthropy with your clients can be done unobtrusively, in a way that respects their privacy, values, and autonomy.
- It expands the menu of services available to your clients, thereby increasing their level of satisfaction with you and your services.
- It adds to your areas of expertise as a professional advisor.
- It increases the potential for new referrals and thus opens the door to new clients.
- It marries your chosen profession with your desire to do something good for the world.
- It helps address important social needs and helps make your community a healthier, more vibrant place to live – a real legacy for future generations.
- It puts you in touch with a supportive network of new colleagues who are willing to share their time and expertise.
- It’s easy to do.
“It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.”
– Albert Einstein
Smart philanthropy starts here.