GIVING THAT REFLECTS YOUR FAMILY VALUES“While we all have our own foundations, the family foundation brings us together as a family. There is a common vision which sustains what Grampa Sam would have wanted.” STEPHEN BRONFMAN
FAMILY PHILANTHROPYThe Family Philanthropy Institute
Every day, the JCF deals with many of the issues that philanthropic families face (whether it be a private or public foundation) – thinking strategically, intergenerational decision-making and maximizing the impact of philanthropic giving.
The Family Philanthropy Institute (FPI) is a resource centre for families who wish to ensure that their philanthropic traditions are passed down to their children and grandchildren. We have the tools to help you get started on the path to creating a family legacy that reflects your goals and those of your children.
We can help you:
- Identify family values and reasons for giving as a family; develop your mission statement, goals and objectives
- Explore funding opportunities and ways your philanthropy can make the greatest impact
- Establish granting criteria and tax-wise philanthropy mechanisms that will help you achieve your goals
We can provide you with:
Workshops and educational seminars on intergenerational family foundation issues and solutions including:
- Funding opportunities
- The funding process
- Strategic philanthropy vehicles
- Access to resource materials, publications
Monitoring and evaluating funded projects
Smart philanthropy starts here.
Contact us today to get started on your family legacy.