NOVA GRANTS 2023-24 GUIDELINES
Thanks to the generous support of donors, the Jewish Community Foundation (JCF) has a special envelope available to award grants for innovative programs which will have maximum impact on the local Montreal Jewish community.
The JCF invites applications for a Nova Grant from any local non-profit Jewish communal organization or institution, or a non-profit organization serving a predominantly Jewish population, as well as Federation CJA (FCJA) and its affiliated organizations. Nova Grants are designated for programs that have a specific focus in at least one of the following three thematic areas:
- Supporting the Vulnerable
- Jewish Identity and Culture
- Institutional Strengthening
A limited number of JCF Nova Grants of up to a maximum of $50,000 per program will be made available and allocated for either one-time funding for a program to be completed within one year, or funding to be used over a period of two years, depending on the nature of the program.
Proposals will be welcomed and considered for programs that serve geographic locations predominantly in Montreal and/or other cities in the Province of Quebec where there is a Jewish Community. The criteria are listed in order of priority. Programs must:
- Be focused, new or innovative, or have an untested approach to meeting an evidence-based identified current critical or emerging need.
- Take into account any restrictions arising from the continuing Covid 19 pandemic, using technology and virtual service delivery or offering a hybrid model where appropriate.
- Demonstrate important potential and measurable impact on the future of the Montreal Jewish community.
- Have an evaluation process with established qualitative and quantitative goals.
- Be sustainable, with funding secured for any program extending beyond the grant period.
Funding will not be considered for:
- Purchase of computers and other related equipment.
- Administrative or recurring salaries.
- Feasibility studies, assessments, research, capital projects, scholarships, or operations.
- Replacement of funding from FCJA or other funders.
- Reducing operating deficits.
All requests for funding will only be accepted in writing, using the Nova Grants application form on the JCF website. The party applying for funding is responsible for submitting the request(s). The online application offers the opportunity to provide detailed information about your idea for funding consideration. The questions were designed to help the JCF Allocations Committee better understand your program goals and objectives as well as alignment with our funding goals. Only completed applications will be considered. Additional supporting material (except videos) may be included.
Please note that no meetings will be held with the applicants before, during or after the selection process, unless the JCF requires and requests such a meeting during its review process.
Requests must be submitted electronically by the specified deadline and must include:
- Plan for outcome measurement
- Plan for financial sustainability, if applicable
- A completed budget form detailing the proposed use of the financial resources you are requesting, as well as all other sources of income
- Proof of charitable status or determination of how you would operate should you not have charitable status
Once the application has been submitted, an email confirmation of receipt will be sent. Applicants can expect a response following the complete allocation process. Please do not call or email to ask about the status of your application.
For information please contact [email protected]
Recipients of Round 4
- Agence Ometz
- Association Sépharade De La Banlieue Ouest De Montreal
- Centre Ligne De Vie / Lifeline Centre
- Chabad Étudiants Juifs francophones
- Chabad Loubavitch Mile End
- Rohr Chabad NDG
- Centre Chabad Rive-Sud / Chabad Center South Shore
- Congregation Beth Tikvah Ahavat Shalom Nusach Hoari
- CPE du Centre Communautaire Juif
- Cummings Jewish Centre for Seniors
- English-Montreal School Board
- Hebrew Foundation School Of Congregation Beth Tikvah
- Hebrew Free Loan Association
- Jem Workshop Inc.
- Jewish Russian Community Centre of Montreal – Congregation Anshei Yisroel
- Maison Belfield
- Refuah V’Chesed
- Segal Centre for the Performing Arts
- Temple Emanu-El-Beth Sholom, Montreal
- The Museum of Jewish Montreal
- Sylvan Adams YM-YWHA